At Acuspire, our mission is “a future without job search” We utilize your personal data to customize the job search and recruitment process. Central to this
mission is our commitment to be transparent about the data we collect about you, how that data is used and with whom it may be shared. Acuspire, together with its
affiliates and partners (“We” or the “Company”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy and all
applicable Canadian federal and provincial privacy and data security laws including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada). Our
services are restricted to Canadian users and as such We do not intend to collect personal information from individuals outside of Canada.
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and website users ("you").
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website JobOffer.com, our white-labelled websites, our web-based
applications and services (collectively our “Platform”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy or with your permission or unless otherwise required by applicable law.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define "personal information" as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or
with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or
business contact information.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On this Platform.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Platform.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
The Platform may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, services, social networks, or applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow
the third party to collect or share data about you. If you follow a link to a third-party website or engage a third-party plugin, please note that these third parties have
their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We do not control these third-party websites, and we encourage you to
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or through any other means, including on any other Company or third-party website.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (including our partners and affiliates), through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to
or be accessible from or on the Platform.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing, and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies
and practices, your choice is not to use our Platform. By accessing or using this Platform, you indicate that you understand, accept, and consent to the practices described
Platform after we make changes indicates your acceptance and consent to those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Our registered Jobseekers share their professional histories and resume content with us. Employers may contract with us for their recruitment needs. For both Jobseekers and
Employers, we collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone
number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, billing and account information (for
Employers), social insurance number, other personal information that may be contained in your resume or linked social networking or professional profiles, and any other
identifier we may use to contact you ("personal information").
We provide an opportunity for any user to unsubscribe or otherwise manage their
communication preferences in the Platform or to opt-out of contact for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our
e-mails, or by e-mailing to [email protected]
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as
de-identified data, demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but
we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of
users accessing a specific Platform feature.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating
system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platform, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Platform interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our
Platform (including date and time), job postings or Jobseekers you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page
interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms, uploading resume content, or corresponding
with us by email, direct messaging, or otherwise.
- User contributions. You may choose to provide information for us to publish or display on public Platform areas such as client comments or
testimonials. You may also provide us with information such as job postings or resumes to transmit to other Platform users or third parties.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP
addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, by linking your professional network or social network accounts, or from our business
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Platform may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Platform, subscribing to our
service, posting material, and further use of our services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us or contact our partners through our Platform.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries and activity on the Platform.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Platform or transmitted to other users of the
Platform or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although
we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Platform with
whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Contributions.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Platform, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we
collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service,
including by enabling us to:
- Customize and tailor our job search services.
- Provide tailored advertisement from our partners.
- Estimate our client size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by
activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Platform. Unless you have
- HTML5 local storage. Certain features of our Platform may use local stored objects (or HTML5 local storage) to collect and store information about your
preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Platform. HTML5 local storage is not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For
information about managing your privacy and security settings for HTML5 local storage, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Platform and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags,
and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics
(for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- reCAPTCHA. We use the reCAPTCHA service provided by Google Inc. (Google) to protect your submissions via internet submission forms on this site. This
plugin checks if you are a person in order to prevent certain website functions from being (ab)used by bots. This plugin query includes the sending of the IP address
and possibly other data required by Google for the Google reCAPTCHA service. For this purpose, your input will be communicated to and used by Google. However, your IP
address is previously truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states which are party to the agreement on the European Economic Area
and is, as such, anonymized. Only in exceptional cases is a full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the United States and truncated there. On behalf of the
operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of this service. The IP address provided by reCaptcha from your browser shall not be
merged with any other data from Google. This data collection is subject to the data protection regulations of Google (Google Inc.). For more information about Google’s
service, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
- ·Google Analytics. We may use analytics service providers, including Google Analytics, to collect information regarding visitors to our
Platform, such as their behavior on our Platform or information about their demographic. For more information about Google Analytics, see https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Some content or applications on the Platform, including advertisements, are served by third parties, including partner advertisers, content providers, and application
information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services.
They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioural) advertising or other targeted content.
You can opt-out of several third-party ad servers' and networks' cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. You
can also access these websites to learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does
not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences
and usage patterns.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should
contact the responsible provider directly. For more information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Platform and its contents to you.
- To customize and tailor job search services.
- To provide customized advertisements from our partners.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our Platform, services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on our Platform.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your
personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our affiliates and partners.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or
transfer of some or all of Acuspire's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information
held by the Acuspire about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- For Jobseekers, to advertisers that require the information to select and serve relevant job advertisements to you and others. We may make use of the personal
information we have collected from you to enable us to display our advertisers' advertisement to that target audience.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Platform
improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to
them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Acuspire, our customers, our partners, or others. This includes
exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to
support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Platform improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep
personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in
We may transfer your personal information to service providers in a foreign country for limited purposes such as using Google Cloud to convert document format, or to service
providers for email verification. These countries have different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Platform, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If
technologies, see Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
- Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional
purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us through our form at https://joboffer.com/contact. You can also opt-out by logging
into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your
request to [email protected]
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our
advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt out by filling out our contact form at https://joboffer.com/contact.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways
to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of several third-party ad servers' and networks' cookies simultaneously by using
an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. You can also access these websites to learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to
stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network
from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from
accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure servers. Any
payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology.
Your Personal Information is encrypted and stored on third-party cloud servers with data centers that are physically located within Canada. The Company has contracted with
Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) to provide data storage services. Details on their security and privacy standards may be found at: https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-privacy-faq/
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a login and password for access to certain parts of our
Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out
information in public areas of the Platform.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee
the security of your personal information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for
circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we
collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal
information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without
further notice to you or your consent.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our services are directed to Jobseekers and Employers in Canada. Our Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any
personal information to the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on
this Platform. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that
information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the
right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain
circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at [email protected]
Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to continue providing you with our services. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
please contact us at [email protected] or via our webform here.
For correspondence by mail, we may be reached at our physical address below:
Unit 300, 800 3 St SE
Calgary, Alberta T2G 0E7
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with
applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information listed above.