Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career—a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Wealth Management’s Global Investment Office produces macro-to-micro research and analysis to help Advisors build their practices and manage their clients’ portfolios.
- Provide direction on investment strategy
- Publish market related commentary, including investment themes, actionable ideas, and “white papers”
- Design and monitor asset allocation models and single-security model portfolios / baskets
- Perform asset manager due diligence on traditional and alternative funds, SMAs and structured products
- Provide research coverage on municipals, ETFs, CEFs, and technical research
- Partner with Advisors to understand investments and help them manage relationships with clients and close business with prospects
- Manage field initiatives including road shows, conference calls, and summits
- Assist in build-out of initiatives related to the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Canada platform
- Position could sit in either New York or Toronto
The Portfolio Analytics and Cross-Asset Strategy (PACS) team within Morgan Stanley’s Global Investment Office (GIO) develops and applies disciplined, systematic approaches to construct portfolios. Using evidence-driven frameworks and other quantitative methods to analyze opportunities and recommend tactical exposures, the team supports the Global Investment Committee (GIC) and Financial Advisors across the investment process: strategic, tactical and dynamic asset allocation; active-passive decisions; manager selection; and portfolio construction and risk management. As a cross-asset investment strategist, responsibilities require the ability to analyze and simplify investment ideas and market movements in order to provide portfolio strategy for Financial Advisors to follow and share with clients.
This role will focus on supporting Morgan Stanley Wealth Canada. The team has developed a series of quantitative frameworks to provide guidance for each step in the investment process: asset allocation, active-passive decisions, manager selection, and portfolio construction and risk management. The candidate will leverage and expand these frameworks in support of Financial Advisors’ management of client portfolios, including through scalable, Firm-discretionary solutions.
The role will include exposure to a wide variety of asset classes, investment products, Advisors, and clients. The role will involve frequent interaction with Financial Advisors and their clients in support of the growth and ongoing success of the Morgan Stanley Wealth Canada business. The candidate will author or contribute to investment strategy publications and key research initiatives, including expanding and strengthening our investment frameworks.
The team seeks an analytical and solutions-oriented individual with demonstrated interest in multi-asset strategy, including equities, fixed income, derivatives and FX, to be a key contributor to the Morgan Stanley Wealth Canada business. The role requires a passion for understanding financial markets and their key fundamental and technical drivers and a high degree of technical competence and writing ability.